checking out a new repo

Apr 17, 2008 at 10:13 PM
hey, so this might be stupid, but when i'm checking out a new repo i note i have to do

client.CreateRepository(todir);
SvnResult result = client.Checkout(url, todir);

as opposed to just

i note that the second version doesn't seem to work gets no files. then i further noticed that when i tried an update on a folder with the contents of the second version in it (nothing) it obviously didn't work.

is the proper method to get a repo the first one? the reason i'm a little confused is that i don't actually want all the repository files in that folder ... db/dav/conf etc.

let me know if i'm doing something stupid. thanks.

my entire code for a checkout is:

SvnClient client = new SvnClient(username, password);

client.DeleteRepository(todir);
client.CreateRepository(todir);

return result.Result == 0;
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2008 at 8:20 AM
Hi silky,

Sorry for my late response, been very busy at work. So, SvnClient.CreateRepository is the same as "svnadmin.exe create PATH" -- it's only for creating a brand new, filesystem based repository. SvnClient.DeleteRepository is just a façade for a recursive System.IO.Path.Delete, again on a filesystem based repository.

So, SvnClient.Checkout shouldn't need any other method calls. I'm guessing the URL or path you're passing is confusing my code, what does the path look like?

Thanks,
Kevin
Jun 1, 2008 at 3:11 AM
thanks kevin not sure what was going on previously but i remove the delete/create repo and just did a 'checkout' and it's working perfectly in the latest version :) hooray :)